The story behind Mori Luggage & Gifts begins with a young man named George Mori. Born in 1906, he moved to the United States from Europe at age 17 to work in a luggage factory in New Orleans. After learning the trade, George purchased the Walthall Luggage store in Jackson, Mississippi in 1928 and turned it into the very first Mori Luggage & Gifts.
In 1971, George’s son, Jean Mori and his wife, Betty, established Mori Luggage & Gifts in Atlanta with the opening of their first store at Northlake Mall. Today, their successful family business continues to thrive and consists of 28 specialty retail stores throughout Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina and Florida and our successful Web site. Mori stores are located in the top regional shopping malls and lifestyle centers within our markets. Our success is directly attributable to over 250 Mori associates who dedicate themselves daily to being experts in merchandise and customer service.
The Mori name has long represented excellence in the United States luggage, leather goods and gifts industry. Our vendors and the media agree that Mori Luggage & Gifts does business the right way. The company has received “Retailer of the Year” awards from Tumi Luggage, Hartmann Luggage and TRAVELWARE magazine, a leading industry publication. In addition, Mori Luggage & Gifts was named "Atlanta’s Favorite Specialty Item Store" in a Readers' Choice Awards survey by the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
In our stores and online, Mori associates serve our customers in keeping with Our Commitment to Customers mission statement.
Our Commitment to Customers
Mori Luggage & Gifts, established in 1971, is committed to providing total customer satisfaction.
- The key values by which we conduct our business are Honesty and Integrity.
- We offer quality, appealing merchandise at competitive prices that meets our customers' needs within an attractive, enjoyable store environment.
- Customers are efficiently served by enthusiastic, friendly associates who are well-educated in product knowledge and customer service.
- We deliver on our promises and offer special services that set us apart from other stores.
- We treat all customers with great respect and express our sincere thanks for their business.
“We teach our associates from day one that Honesty and Integrity are the keys to success with our customers and within our company” says John Mori, Chief Executive Officer.